Last week I commended new fashion label e.g. fashion for its blogger focused online marketing strategy. Here are 14 things every new fashion label can do to promote itself online.
1. Create a website. An obvious one – make sure you have clear images of your collection, contact details, a biography and background of the label.
2. Hi-Res images. Have them ready and available for press to download from your website or an online image bank such as PR Shots.
3. Contact bloggers. STUDY the blogs you’re about to contact first. ONLY contact them if your collection is relevant to them.
5. Comment. NO SPAM! Follow your favourite blogs and websites, and join in the conversation by commenting on relevant posts. Be sure to include your website address in the appropriate box.
6. Twitter. No explanation needed.
7. Network. Online editors/bloggers/writers live offline too. Go to events, speak to them. They might just feature you.
8. Guest Blog. If you’re a keen writer seek opportunities to write for fashion websites and blogs.
9. Voucher Codes. No snobs allowed here. If you’re retailing at low prices, consider creating a discount code for your online store, and posting it to websites such as HotUKDeals. Again, no spamming– only post to websites actively seeking user generated submissions.
10. Email Footer. An often forgotten area. How many emails do you send per day? How many opportunities to get your website address in?
11. Video. If you’ve got charisma, you could be the next big thing on YouTube - it worked for Lauren Luke. If you haven’t got it, no-one will ever know you tried.
12. Pitch to ASOS. The address you need is firstname.lastname@example.org. No harm in trying.
13. Competitions. Go, give something away, just do it. Fashion magazine websites are always looking for prizes to give out to their style hungry readers.
14. Get on toCatwalk Genius. Raise funds for your fledgling label and retail your goods online at the same time.