James Knowles is Drapers features writer and is responsible for managing the magazine’s features content, including business features and the weekly Close-Up anchor interview.
He has six years of experience in journalism, having worked for both business-to-business and consumer publications.
He began his career as a reporter for online business publisher Decision News Media in Montpellier, France, before later moving to leading Australian consumer publisher Pacific Magazines, working on titles such as New Idea, and Men’s Health. In 2010 he joined Emap in the role of news and features writer at Retail Jeweller, reporting on the UK watch and jewellery industry, before moving to Drapers in 2011.
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2761
- E-mail: email@example.com
Store openings and a beauty launch are keeping UK and Ireland country manager Carlos Duarte busy.
Today’s consumer want to shop across channels, but are fashion retailers delivering the right multichannel offer?
Do you want to read in-depth market reports that provide analysis across a range of specific topics and areas? Well, then check out our new Special Reports section of the website.
Fashion retailers and brands must invest in their systems to be prepared for the future demands of multichannel retail or face being left behind, a panel of experts have warned.
With tough competition on the high streer for consumer spend, digital marketing must be personalised to win share of wallet, a panel of ecommerce experts told Drapers.
We speak to Rachel Perrett, brand manager of womenswear wholesale and concession business Closet London, on how business is performing, making in the UK, and its current collection.
Clothing and footwear returns are rising up the retail agenda, as multichannel shopping continues to grow, not just in the UK, but across borders.
H&M will open a 1,100 sq ft pop-up in the Old Truman Brewery in London on July 23 to showcase its Divided womenswear collection.
Seventy years after it was set up by the Bernstein family – which still owns it today – occasionwear brand Bernshaw remains a favourite with buyers. We speak to director Alex Bernstein and design director Sara Brett.
Drapers’ Product Lifecycle Report, in association with Lectra.
- Video: Michael Kors and Gigi Hadid compete in Glamour Games
- Meg Lustman and David Shepherd call on businesses to support FTCT
- Image gallery: Cambridge Satchel Company opens first men's store
- Video: High street click-and-collect review
- Click-and-collect: who wins?
- Drapers Digital Forum: 'Personalisation is over-rated', says Boohoo marketing boss
- Drapers Digital Forum: The Outnet to launch Front Row loyalty programme
- Personalisation Report
- Drapers Next Gen: 'Opening a store transformed the business,' says Patrick Grant
- Drapers Next Gen: George directors emphasise importance of digital skills