Ruth is an experienced B2B news journalist having worked in both the environmental and grocery sectors for different publications before joining Drapers to cover the fashion sector. Prior to starting at Drapers in February 2011, Ruth worked for supermarket and FMCG trade title The Grocer where she covered companies including M&S, Waitrose and Ocado. At Drapers Ruth covers the womenswear, footwear and lingerie sectors for the newsdesk and has developed a particular interest in the footwear industry. This year she is working on the re-launch of the Drapers Footwear & Accessories awards and will also be present at all the major footwear tradeshows. https://twitter.com/ruthfaulkner
- Tel: 020 3033 2766
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luxury goods group Kering, formerly PPR, has reported “record” revenues in the first quarter of this year, up 3.1% to €2.4bn (£2bn).
Footwear etailer Cloggs says it is back on track towards growth, following its sale to JD Sports Fashion earlier this year.
Womenswear retailer Kookaï is winding down its UK business as part of a solvent liquidation process.
Fashion was the bright spot at John Lewis last week in what the retailer described as a “challenging week”.
Brazilian footwear brand Ipanema has set up a UK website, which it hopes will generate up to a third of all its local sales within three years.
French contemporary womenswear label Crea Concept is to launch a dedicated eveningwear sub-brand for spring 14.
How did a ‘scruffy urchin’ unloading shoes out of a van on the King’s Road rise to become footwear royalty? The man who helped build Office recounts his tale.
Vintage womenswear brand Horrockses - a favourite of the Queen, Princess Margaret and Joan Collins - is up for sale.
Schuh took home the top accolade at Drapers’ Footwear & Accessories Awards 2013, beating stiff competition from Office, Aldo and Clarks to win Multiple Footwear Retailer of the Year.
Stella McCartney is to expand further in the Far East with more store openings in China later this year.
- The Counter looks to capitalise on Miinto's closure
- New brand aimed at taller women to launch at Selfridges
- N Brown delivers "strong" full-year performance
- Q&A: Christina Strutt, founder of Cabbages & Roses
- Steel magnate Mittal invests in Zalando's parent company
- Daniel Footwear ramps up website
- Primark reports 7% increase in like-for-like sales
- Kelvin and Ashley scale the Sunday Times Rich List
- Fashion brands scoop Queen's Awards
- John Lewis web sales pass £1bn mark