Following the success of last year’s list of the industry’s most inspiring independent retailers, Drapers is back with an even bigger accolade for 2012.
Next year, we will champion, not 50, but 100 of the most inspiring indies fashion has to offer.
In February, Drapers will publish a supplement entitled Inspiring Independents, which will profile and champion the country’s best-in-class boutiques, as nominated by you, our readers. You can – and should – nominate yourself.
We want to hear about the fashion indies you admire and why they impress you. It could be their interesting brand mix, an innovative approach to marketing, exceptional customer service or high profits that have won these businesses respect.
- The indie must be a multi-brand retailer. Own-brand boutiques and department stores do not qualify
- The indie must have a bricks-and-mortar presence
- The indie must have less than 10 stores
- The indie can operate in womenswear, menswear, young fashion, kidswear, lingerie, footwear and accessories or, indeed, stock a mixture of all categories
- A reason(s) must be given for the nomination
- You can nominate your own store, but votes will only be counted once
In December, we will compile a shortlist of the 100 most nominated independents, from your nominations. Once we have drawn down the 100 indie retailers with the highest number of nominations, we will contact those 100 indies and ask them to rank their favourite five peers. We will use this information to rank the final 100 in order of popularity.
The ranked list and each indie’s final position in the top 100 will be unveiled at an exclusive party in February at a top London venue. It is a strictly invitation-only event. The supplement will be published with Drapers’ February 17 issue.