Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

• New Look goes back to the future

Jessica Brown's comment 25 March 2011 9:12 am

Thanks for you comment. If you re-read the above, you will see I am agreeing with you entirely. My point is that Tom and Roger "the product and people men" are entirely the reason for successes of busnesses like New Look. You seem to have misinterpretted my perspective on the management team who tried to sell the business.

• Sir Philip Green: I will try to bring manufacturing back to UK

Jessica Brown's comment 16 March 2011 8:30 pm

Sir Philip Green supporting UK manufacturing? That is a very significant retailer - probably the most significant in fashion - throwing his weight behind the stated ambition of the Government to increase manufacturing in the UK.
    Manufacturers are trying to take advantage of the present growth opportunities but have relayed to Drapers that they need the backing of retailers to be able to overcome the many hurdles they face. Green is potentially a brilliant vehicle and powerful figure for them to have on side.

• IMAGE GALLERY : The Oscars 2011 - Who wore it best?

Jessica Brown's comment 28 February 2011 12:12 pm

Nicole Kidman's dress is horrendous as are her shoes. Also really surprising to see her wear Dior given the controversy around that brand at the moment.
    I found Natalie Portman's dress dull. I know she is heavily pregnant but I feel an Oscar winner should be doing better than that with the gown she chooses on what will probably be the biggest night of her life.
    I agree with the above that Scarlett's was a good choice and I expect we will see influences of this, namely the colour and the use of lace, filter down into contemporary eveningwear in time for Xmas.
    The pale palette was a strong theme too, though I do think it will be hard to translate long white dresses. Wearing a white maxi to an event like this is much easier than in everyday life when it can look a bit wannabe bride.

• IMAGE GALLERY: The Bafta awards 2011 - Who wore it best?

Jessica Brown's comment 15 February 2011 10:57 am

Jessica Alba was definitely my favourite. The colour is incredible and I think we will see this filter through into more eveningwear from now.

Emma Watson's i thought was a triumph. I like the netural palette she has been working.

JK Rowling - what can I say? All over python print is not great for women of a certain age. Also the cut makes it look like she is shedding her skin.

• Cooper & Stollbrand to feature in Channel 4 documentary

Jessica Brown's comment 10 February 2011 1:38 pm

I am definitely going to be Sky+'ing this one. I've been to this factory and it is truly incredible. It's like a time warp to the 1950s but the people are amazing - so talented and determined and hard working. They make great quality product and have an incredible archive too.
    There is a major skills gap in the UK manufacturing industry so it will be fascinating to hear the story of this factory through the eyes of some of the few skilled worked who are left.

• Vote for your most inspiring indies

Jessica Brown's comment 5 November 2010 11:49 am

hi Martin,
    Our mistake - we are uploading the details on voting right now.

You can vote by emailing us directly at inspiringindies@drapersonline.com

I look forward to receiving your nominations.

Editor
    Jessica Brown

• VIDEO: Marks & Spencer unveils Christmas TV ad

Jessica Brown's comment 2 November 2010 2:33 pm

I think this ad is totally brilliant. The M&S modelly celeb thing was starting to wear a bit thin but Steve Sharp has done a great job reinventing it for this Xmas. It has all the ingredients. I honestly think this will be an ad consumers will enjoy coming on in the breaks this Xmas.

What does everyone else think?
    I can't see any fashion retailer beating this but am prepared to be challenged and proved wrong!

• Good agents stand out from the show crowd

Jessica Brown's comment 24 August 2010 2:58 pm

Dear George, thank you for your comment. We will certainly take this on board and investigate. When we have visited this as a potential category in the past we haven't had a huge amount of interest from the industry. What do our readers think? And what would potentially be a good way to measure success if we did have a category for agents and agencies and distributors... We would welcome your thoughts...
    editor
    Jessica Brown

• Over-45s Womenswear

Jessica Brown's comment 16 February 2010 9:16 am

There are hundreds of brands operating in the 45-plus womenswear market. Drapers chose to select those that we thought were most relevant/most interesting for this particular feature. We regularly feature a raft of brands that target this age group in our weekly magazine though.
    editor
    Jessica Brown

• Pure London builds on young fashion

Jessica Brown's comment 24 December 2009 11:12 am

Drapers reports on all trade shows, both domestic and international, that have relevance to the UK market. Within the young fashion sector, we publish extensive stories on the content of/trends at/mood at all of the major shows including Spirit at Pure London, Bread & Butter and Stitch the new menswear show, which will launch in London in February. WIthin womenswear we write about Moda, Pret a Porter, CPD and the Copenhagen shows in addition to Pure London.

We will continue to report on and update our readers on all of the major tradeshows that help them do business in a more profitable way. We pride ourselves on our editorial integrity and we always refect the views and interests of the market and our readership.

Our readers tell us that they like to be kept up to date on which brands are showing at each exhibition so that they may plan their buying trips. This is particularly important in the current climate, when travel budgets are tight.

Drapers published its tradeshow calender earlier this month, which contains information about all of the major exhibitions.

Jessica Brown, editor, Drapers jessica.brown@emap.com