5 top tips to raise awareness of your brand from the Federation of Small Businesses
- Find out what is important to your customers: talk to them, run a focus group or carry out customer surveys to find out how customers value your business and brand, especially against competitors.
- Review industry trends. Spend a few hours a week finding out developments in your industry so that you know what is going well and what is failing. Trawling through websites might seem like a luxury use of your time, but it is essential to find out what is going on within your market.
- You website can tell a thousand stories so make sure that all the technical and design components all work together to generate customer interest. Visitors want to feel like they have gained something from a website, even if they don’t buy anything.
- Continue to monitor customer perceptions of your brand. Failing to do so will mean you have big gaps in your plans for future representation.
- Brand values are communicated through a number of channels, not just marketing and media. Customers shape their perceptions when they see packaging, through customer service and the product. Make sure that every aspect of your business reflects your brand values.
For more information about the Federation of Small Businesses go to www.fsb.org.uk/