Designer Christopher Kane scooped the top accolade of Scottish Fashion Designer of the Year at last night’s annual Scottish Fashion Awards.
Other notable winners at the event, which took place at the Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow, included Basler creative managing director Brian Rennie, who scooped the Fashion Innovator of the Year award and model Tali Lennox, who picked-up the Scottish Model of the Year accolade.
Fashion journalist Colin McDowell was awarded the honorary Fashion Ambassdor 2012 award for his contribution to Scottish fashion and industry.
McDowell said: “I am deeply honoured to have my work acknowledged with such a prestigious award and I am especially pleased that it has come from Scotland, the home of my ancestors.”
The event, which was hosted by model and TV presenter Alexa Chung, was attended by an array of celebrities including supermodel and face of Dolce & Gabbana, David Gandy, New York celebrity stylist and media figure Derek Warburton, an array of Scottish designers and textile houses including Holly Fulton and Made in Chelsea Star Millie Mackintosh.
It was also revealed last night that Scottish Fashion Awards chairman and founder Tessa Hartmann is to be given an Honorary Degree of Doctor from Glasgow Caledonian University later this month, in recognition of her achievements in promoting Scotland’s contribution to the fashion industry at home and internationally.
The full list of winners is:
- Scottish Designer of the Year – sponsored by Instyle – CHRISTOPHER KANE
- Scottish Young Designer of the Year – sponsored by The Scottish Fashion Council – HAYLEY SCANLAN
- Scottish Textile Brand of the Year – sponsored by House of Fraser – DASHING TWEEDS
- Scottish Accessory Designer of the Year – sponsored by Swarovski – WILLIAM CHAMBERS
- Scottish Fashion Icon – sponsored by Captial FM – KAREN GILLAN
- Scottish Communicator of the Year – sponsored by Glasgow Airport – FAYE MCLEOD
- Scottish Model of the Year – sponsored by Radley London – TALI LENNOX
- Scottish Retailer of the Year – sponsored by Braehead – SHHH-OOHS (Luxury Shoe Retailer Edinburgh)
- Scottish Fashion Photographer – sponsored by The Herald and Times Group – JONATHAN DANIEL PRYCE
- Scotland’s New Face – sponsored by Smart of Glasgow – KERRY O’MAY
- Scottish Graduate of the Year – sponsored by Marks & Spencer – JOANNE MCGILLIVARY FROM HERRIOT WATT. DAVID BLACK WAS ALSO AWARDED A HIGHLY COMMENDED CERTIFICATE
- International Designer of the Year (for use of a Scottish fabric) – sponsored by Toni & Guy – Mulberry
- Scottish Fashion Innovator sponsored by bareMinerals – BRIAN RENNIE – Creative Managing Director of Basler
- Fashion Ambassador sponsored by Mercedes-Benz West of Scotland – COLIN MCDOWELL MBE
- Scottish Hall of Fame 2010 – sponsored by Hartmann Media – STELLA TENNANT