So with this in mind, I’ve come up with a few handy pointers for those of you holding your dos this week to make sure your bashes go with a bang.
1. If you can avoid it, don’t do it in your store – alcohol and clothing rails do not mix well and coming back on January 1st to find a £500 coat covered in sticky Cava remnants will not make for a good start to the New Year
2. Make sure there is food involved – it may seem like a good idea to start the bubbly at 5.30pm but by 9pm you’ll be putting your significantly inebriated staff in a swift taxi home
3. Get sparkly – this year’s partywear is all about the bling, so make sure you wear something with plenty of sequins and/or shimmer to look ultra gorgeous – boys, you can never go wrong with a slick of silver on a dapper waistcoat
4. Beware of towering footwear – it may seem like a good idea to wear the most vertiginous pair of heels you can find, but if the Drapers awards are anything to go by, our industry loves to dance and a plastered ankle is never a good look for Christmas Day
5. Don’t forget to accessorise – but remember, less is more, so if you’ve gone all out glam on your outfit choose something simple to finish off your look
What are you planning as your office bash? Have you had it already and did it go according to plan, or was the alcohol a bit too free flowing for some? Let us know you stories.