Is there any way of renting lists of email addresses for my target customer group which is 18-35 year-old men with high disposable income?
Carl Davies, CEO, Dealgroupmedia UK Ltd:
Yes, there are many companies that have the ability to rent to you a highly targeted databases of email addresses and they will send the email out on your behalf (for a fee, obviously).
When choosing a company to work with, if they are renting you the list and sending out the email for you, you should consider asking:
- Can they work to your demographic requirements (obviously)?
- How they clean the list and keep the quality high (ie how many “bounces” does it take for addresses to be removed? How old are the names on the list? How many times have the addresses been contacted in the last 2 months?)
- Can they send out HTML and Rich Media Messages?
- What type of tracking and reporting is available?
- Is there an SLA? It should guarantee the names will be validated, the number of names you bought will be delivered, and you won’t be labeled a spammer.
- Additional services. Some companies offer additional services, including recipient feedback and advice on copy and subject line. Find out what services are included and which will incur additional fees.
- Price. Perhaps this should top the list, as it’s the overriding factor in most of our decisions. In list rental, it shouldn’t be. If you speak with several vendors (as I recommend you do) and find one is significantly cheaper than the others, warning bells should go off. You get what you pay for. Price inquiries can also include minimum buy and discounts for follow-up mailings.
- dgm works with loads of email companies and we are happy to recommend a few if you get in contact with us.