Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We use cookies to personalise your experience; learn more in our Privacy and Cookie Policy. You can opt out of some cookies by adjusting your browser settings; see the cookie policy for details. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies.

Ipanema chases web sales via UK site

Brazilian footwear brand Ipanema has set up a UK website, which it hopes will generate up to a third of all its local sales within three years.

The site, which went live this week, will be officially launched in early May.

Mason Young, marketing manager of Ipanema’s UK distributor GH Warner, said: “We don’t want to compete with our wholesale stockists by launching the site. We hope it will work alongside our existing wholesale business.”

The website will act as a promotional tool directing customers to stockists as well as offering a transactional platform, he explained.

GH Warner estimates that 5% to 10% of total sales will come through online transactions within a year, a figure that could rise to around 30% to 40% over the next three years.

The site’s launch will be supported by a consumer advertising campaign in publications including Cosmopolitan, Company and Red magazines.

Readers' comments (1)

  • We developed the website for Ipanema and it can be found here:

    Unsuitable or offensive? Report this comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.