Jane is a co-founder of Biglight and has more than 12 years’ experience in creating, changing and running online businesses in the retail, publishing and leisure sectors. During her time at Biglight she has worked extensively with fashion brands to help them create new ecommerce channels, plan and deliver cost-effective online marketing campaigns and lift the trading performance of their online businesses.
Before joining Biglight, Jane was Digital Director at Associated Newspapers, where she was responsible for the online business of Loot. Prior to this she was Ecommerce Director with DSG International, where she experienced at first-hand the opportunities and challenges of online retailing .
Jane has a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing. She enjoys active sports, such as skiing and mountain biking but, since her young son has been around, she hasn’t been able to participate in these activities as often as she would like.
Biglight is a leading provider of impartial ecommerce support and advice to retailers and brands, helping them shape their multi-channel ambitions and make them a reality.
Over the last 5 years we’ve helped retailers such as Blacks, Fat Face, Firetrap, Jacques Vert, Mothercare and New Look shape their thinking, create profitable online businesses, deliver cost-effective online marketing campaigns and trade their ecommerce businesses.
Every member of the Biglight team has an online retailing background and we don’t sell ecommerce solutions, so everything we say and do is based on our real experience and any advice we provide is passionately impartial.
Questions answered by Jane Gleadall
- What trends as strategies do you see as key to successful execution of online trading for companies who pursue a non discount based format.
- How much use is Google pay per click? Is it worth it when using it alongside seo (search engine optimisation)?
- I don’t have a clue how to make my site more user-friendly - what are some of the does and don’ts for this?
- What marketing should I be doing to get people to notice my site? Are there other things I should be doing to help promote it also?
- Why is the initial set up of going online so expensive and what can I do to reduce costs?