Drapers gets the lowdown on all the latest gossip and reports back from the hottest parties and events.
- Banks the hot favourite Charles Clinkard, owner of the eponymous footwear chain, enjoyed a day out at York Races with his wife Alyson recently, where they bumped into fashion institution Jeff Banks. After a good chat Banks was happy to pose for a pic with Alyson.
- Mistress Jems Women’s young fashion brand Little Mistress launched its new jewellery range, LM Jems, at its Great Portland Street showroom in London. The brand’s (from left) Josie Griffiths, Lauren Pool and Louisa Koussertari added an extra sparkle.
- Having a lav The Firetrap toilet-themed photo booth proved a hit at the recent Virgin Media V Festival in Chelmsford. Flushed with excitement in the ‘Photobooth Bog’ were House of Fraser’s Emily Cowburn (left) and Nonde Kapembwa, who squeezed in alongside Matt Edwards from Firetrap. Guests of the brand were also treated to a DJ set from singer Sunday Girl, who is also fronting its new ad campaign.
- Singing blue jeans Denim brand Replay put on a gig at its Covent Garden store last month featuring the four winning bands from its Road to Bestival competition, which gives emerging artists the chance to perform at music festival Bestival.
- All feet on deck Plymouth welcomed an unusual maritime visitor - footwear brand Timberland’s two-week pop-up boat shop. Focusing on the brand’s range of deck shoes, the store sold its first pair within 15 minutes of being open and 11 pairs were sold by the end of the first day. There were also on-the-spot prizes for shoppers.
Which high street retail director was desperate for column inches in Drapers for years, only to recently be featured for all the wrong reasons?