Which trends are one-season wonders and which are keepers? And if they are keepers, how will they evolve? These are key questions for buyers and WGSN Boutique can help you answer them and take the risk out of the buying process. Our team of nearly 200 global trend forecasters create colour, shape and materials forecasts up to two years ahead - here we show you how to interpret their findings
- WGSN’s Macro Trends Each season our forecasters create three macro trends per season, which we feel will act as the season’s key aesthetic and attitudinal movements. Published up to two years ahead, each set of macro trends begins with a multi-part report outlining our research and reference points, which validate the trend. These can be found in the ‘Creative Direction’ section.
- Colour and textiles forecasts If you want to get specific and look ahead to the colour and textiles look and feels up to two years in advance, head one step along our navigation bar to ‘Colour & Materials’. Scroll down the page a short way and focus your attention on the ‘Creative Direction’ and ‘Forecast’ sections, where you can click through the tabs to view your chosen reports.
- Finding colour palettes by season Once in ‘Colour & Materials’, click on your chosen colour report under the ‘Creative Direction’ section. Here you’ll find colour forecasts as far ahead as A/W 12/13. For a one-stop overview of the season’s palette we recommend clicking on the ‘Matrix’ tab of the report to view all the season’s colours segmented by tone.
- Finding textiles forecasts by season Just underneath the colour direction reports you
- will see our forecasts, which are divided into sub-sections including textiles, knit and prints and graphics. Again these reports reach as far
- as A/W 12/13 but you can browse closer
- to the current season if you prefer. Choose your report and click through the tabs at the top to browse through the various themes.
- Browsing future silhouettes As we get closer to the season our forecasts become more tangible and detailed. Up to two seasons out we are able to report on the key clothing shapes across all product categories. To view these, go to ‘Design & Product Development’, select your category
- (eg womenswear) and then look under ‘Design Direction’. Here you will find key silhouettes,
- item and detail reports to help you plan your buy.
- The specifics of the coming season If you want to get into the detail of the coming season, stay with ‘Design & Product Development’ but scroll down the page further to find our ‘Close to Season’ and ‘Product Update’ reports, which call out the winning looks and items for the next season with trend proof points, catwalk imagery and original WGSN artwork on key shapes, prints and graphics, giving you a full trend tool kit.
As well as our future trend forecasts, WGSN Boutique includes global reports on street fashion and celebrity trends, as well as unrivalled catwalk and trade show coverage. Apply for a free trial at www.wgsn-boutique.com