With two months to go before menswear catwalk season begins, WGSN picks the key shapes and details in tailoring for S/S 12.
- Wrap tailored jacket Fitted block; wrap front panel; concealed button fastening; scalloped edge; shawl collar; self-fabric tie belt; angled hem.
- Elongated jacket Longer-line tailoring; concealed sb fastening; notch lapel; darted front; twin double-jet drop pockets; jet chest pocket.
- Artisan jacket Cropped; fitted; angled front with engineered buttons; self-fabric bound collar and sleeve head; part-concealed patch pocket; curved hem.
- Db shawl collar Fitted and tailored; 10db button fastening; angular shawl collar; back adjuster.
- Faux layer Faux double layer with angled front hem; tailored and fitted; 1sb fastening; drop shoulder seam darts; darted front into jet pockets.
- Shell Fitted; clean shell; drop yoke with pleated detail; double-ended zip fastening; angled hem front; back adjuster.
- 2sb suit 2sb fastening jacket; fitted and tailored; drop yoke; notch lapel; jet pockets; cropped straight-leg trouser; cross pockets with integral ticket pocket; sta-press crease front.
- Tuxedo update Slim-line fitted jacket; stand collar; covered button 1sb fastening; twin double-jetted pockets; straight-leg trouser; split waistband, extended and concealed; classic belt loops; cross pockets; sta-press crease.
- Slim db suit 4db fastening jacket; fitted and tailored; peak lapel with contrast revers; flap pockets with one single jet; chest jet pocket; tapered trouser; high waist with twin button fastening; drop crotch; on-seam jet pockets; sta-press crease; turned hem.
- Narrow-leg chino Slim and tapered; sta-press tailored; multi-stitch waistband; classic belt loops; extended concealed fly; curved cross pockets; single ticket pocket.
- Lounge pant Fitted parallel leg; longer length; high shaped waistband with concealed fastening; side angle pockets.
- Slim tapered trouser Slim leg; tapered; drop crotch; twin pleat; sta-press crease; extended waistband; side angle pockets; single ticket pocket.
Click here for more S/S 12 silhouettes. Next week our report will cover men’s casualwear.