Supply chain leaders from Arcadia and Oasis have joined the advisory board of UK sourcing event Meet the Manufacturer to help shape its future.
Meet the Manufacturer advisory board
Kate Stacey, head of group sourcing at Arcadia Group, and Jane Wach, head of supply chain at Oasis, have joined the advisory board with Adam Mansell, director of special products at the UK Fashion and Textile Association, Jayne West, partnership manager for fashion and textiles for Creative Skillset, and Vickie El-Rayyes, head of buying at Saraha.
They will work alongside:
- Tiffany London, director at UK-made occasionwear labels Tiffany Rose & Alie Street
- Simon Middleton, founder and managing director at UK-made outerwear and knitwear brand The Shackleton Design & Manufacturing Company
- Kate Dawson, managing director of sleepsuit label The All-in-One Company
- Bruce Montgomery, professor in design craftsmanship at Northumbria University
- Daliah Simble, consultant at Daliah Simble Fashion Consultancy
Kate Hills, founder and chief executive of event organiser Make it British, said: “Meet the Manufacturer has grown organically since its launch in 2014 and continues to go from strength to strength. The aim of the advisory board is to share ideas to scope the format and content of the conference and seminars for next year’s event to ensure it is as relevant and useful as possible to the industry.”
Next year’s event will take place from May 25-26 at The Old Truman Brewery in London.
Now in it’s third year, it will cover 50,000 sq ft with space for more stands, more workshops and more seminars than this year.
It expects to showcase 150 exhibitors covering British clothing manufacturers, textile mills, leather-goods makers and suppliers to the UK apparel and textile industry.