Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Blue Blood cuts prices by 40%

Denim brand Blue Blood has slashed its average wholesale price by 40% for spring 10 after securing investment from Hong Kong manufacturing giant HTP Group to help it grow internationally.

Blue Blood founder Steve te Pas has set up a company called Blue Blood International in conjunction with HTP Group owners Martine Mang and Joseph Sfez, who was
also the co-founder of US streetwear brand Ed Hardy.

The deal has enabled Blue Blood to shift its manufacturing from countries such as Tunisia and Italy. Some 90% of the brand’s manufacturing will now be done from Hong Kong and out of sourcing hotbeds such as China, with the remaining 10% made in Italy and Japan. Prices for the spring 10 collection will range from £38 to £58.

Te Pas said: “I want to make the high product quality we always have, at a more realistic price level for the denim market.”

Blue Blood has 400 stockists globally including 40 stockists in the UK such as Sarah Coggles in York and Sa-kis in Sheffield. Some 30% of its business is done in the Netherlands.

Blue Blood is in talks with various parties to handle its sales in the UK.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.