Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Boden ramps up global operations with Australian site launch

Fashion and lifestyle retailer Boden has launched a dedicated site for trading in Australia as part of an ongoing expansion of its ecommerce operations.

Announcing its full year results today, Boden confirmed the Australian site - its fifth dedicated local site outside the UK - went live on August 4 this year. It follows previous rollouts in the USA, Germany, Austria and France.

Boden managing director Julian Granville said: “Australia is an exciting market for us. Early indications are encouraging and we look forward to building our customer base in the coming years.”

In its results Boden, which trades chiefly online, reported a like-for-like sales increase of 5% in the 12 months to December 31, and profits increased year on year by £100,000 to £24.4m for the period.

The launch of the Australian website follows a period of investment by Boden to boost its online sales and increase its global customer base. In August last year the retailer appointed an ecommerce director for the first time, recruiting former Hobbs head of web strategy Sue MacMillan for the role.

As part of its annual results Boden revealed visits to its website increased by 8% in 2013 compared with the previous year.

In 2013 90% of sales at Boden were done online. The retailer, which was founded as a menswear mail order business in 1991, only operates one physical store on Hangar Lane in London which it opened in 2004. The remaining 10% of sales were made through this store and the mail order business.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.