Fashion Director Ian Wright picks his shiniest stars showing this week in the City of Light.
Milan Fashion Week left attendees in an uplifted mood for their arrival in Paris and it is with similar joy that I pick my top things to look out for as the week progresses.
- The chaos outside this evening’s Mugler show (8pm GMT, Wednesday) after Creative Director Nicola Formichetti announced on Tiwtter this morning that there wouldn’t be livestreaming but “if you want to see the show tonight, just come and we’ll figure it out”.
- After his quote in the Wall Street Journal in which he says “It seems as though every time you want to be a modernist you have to make something ugly. And if you make it really ugly then it’s really modern and really cool. But beauty is never démodé”, I can’t wait for Alber Elbaz’s elegant antidote to some of the deliberate ugliness we’ve seen at London and Milan. Lanvin (7pm GMT, Thursday) is always a treat.
- Off the back of his debut couture collection for the house, all eyes will be on what Raf Simons has in store for his first Christian Dior (1:30pm GMT, Friday) ready to wear line. Watch the livestream – it’ll be beautiful.
- The Sunday quartet of Kenzo (9am GMT), Céline (12pm GMT), Hermès (3pm GMT) and Givenchy (7pm GMT) that will span edgy, beautiful, luxury and hard showing just how diverse Paris Fashion Week is.
- There’ll be no Monday blues as after Stella McCartney (9am GMT) and Chloë (3pm GMT) Hedi Slimane will unveil his first ready to wear collection for the renamed Saint Laurent (7pm GMT). Alongside Raf’s Dior show, this is the hottest ticket in town.
- After the LV Express and the carousel, I’m really looking forward to seeing what magical set Marc Jacobs has dreamt up for his Louis Vuitton (9am GMT) show. I’m betting on an alien spaceship.
Enjoy Paris with us – check back for updates, galleries and reviews throughout the week.