The Drapers Footwear Awards gala dinner on May 17 will host about 650 guests from across the industry. As well as celebrating the best of new and established businesses, the event, sponsored by Gore-Tex, also recognises up-and-coming talent from UK colleges and universities. This year, the standard of student entries has been exceptional and the judges - Louise Howroyd from Bertie, Lydia Howard from Shoe Studio Group, and Drapers fashion editor Khabi Mirza - had their work cut out. The finalists are:
Student Footwear Designer of the Year
Sponsored by The Shoe Studio Group
- Alexandra Hamilton, Cordwainers at London College of Fashion
- Emily Harrison, London College of Fashion
- Carolyn Lustig, University of Northampton
- Laura Queening, London College of Fashion
Student Accessories Designer of the Year
- Sarah-Jane Hedges, London College of Fashion
- Sophie Madden, De Montfort University
- Sabrina Stanley, University of Northampton
- Genevieve Testler, London College of Fashion
Judging for all 16 categories at The Drapers Footwear Awards has now taken place. Drapers would like to thank the judges for all their hard work. They include: Malcolm Collins from New Look, Cos Constantinou from Kate Kuba, John Egan from Shoe Studio Group, Willie Fletcher from Gore-Tex, Laurence Martin from The Golden Boot, Jane McNally from The Peacock Group, Daniel Rubin from Dune, and Ron Stark from Stylo.
For the full finalists list and to book tickets, visit www.drapersfootwearawards.co.uk.