Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

First look: Girls on Film opens first UK store ahead of wholesale launch

Young fashion womenswear brand Girls on Film has opened its first UK store in Westfield Stratford City.

The brand, which is part of the Little Mistress Group, has taken the 3,000 sq ft former Miss Sixty unit, located opposite Zara and Apple in the shopping centre.

The shop stocks 80% Girls on Film product with the remaining 20% coming from the goup’s other labels Little Mistress and Paper Dolls.

The shop is the third UK store for the group following the opening of two Little Mistress shops in Guildford in Surrey and Lakeside shopping centre in Essex over the last couple of weeks.

Internationally, Girls on Film opened its first four franchise stores with partner Al Hokair in August.

The group plans to roll out between 40 and 50 franchise stores – a mixture of Girls on Film and Little Mistress – over the next two years in Iran, Dubai, Kuwait and Oman.

Girls on Film is also gearing up to launch its first wholesale collection for spring 18 in January.

The 100-piece collection, which will be different fromthe retail range, will have a wholesale price range of £7 for tops to £16 for jackets.

The brand will also be able to create exclusive styles for large accounts with a 200 piece minimum.

The Girls on Film design team has grown from two people to six in the last month to accommodate the launch.

Little Mistress has 20 concessions in Debenhams and plans to have 25 by the end of 2018. It has reduced its number of wholesale accounts from 150 to 25 in the UK and it has 40 in Ireland.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.