Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Authentic Brands Group buys Camuto Group

Brand house Authentic Brands Group (ABG) has bought US brand house Camuto Group in partnership with American footwear retailer Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW).

ABG has bought a 60% stake in the intellectual property of Camuto Group’s brands including Vince Camuto, Louise et Cie, and Sole Society, and DSW has taken the remaining 40%.

As part of the acquisition, ABG will assume the marketing, business development and licensing functions of these brands. The deal boosts ABG’s portfolio of global brands to more than $8.7bn (£6.7bn) in annual retail sales.

DSW will undertake Camuto Group’s operations including design, sourcing, production and wholesale infrastructure.

The news comes after Aldo Group called off its acquisition of the Camuto Group last month.

ABG bought footwear business Nine West and Bandolino from Nine West Holdings in July this year.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.