Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

London fashion week - New faces join LFW line-up

London Fashion Week will attract a raft of new designer names to its catwalks in September, including Luella, Adidas by Stella McCartney, Rodnik and Armand Basi.

But it will be without Gharani Strok, which went into voluntary administration for the second time last month after being unable to fulfil its autumn 07 orders.

LFW newcomer Armand Basi will showcase its collection by design director Markus Lupfer, who last showed his own label at LFW in February 2003.

Lupfer, a former design consultant for Cacharel, Ruffo, Kangol, Mulberry and Topshop, has designed Armand Basi's second spring 08 range, inspired by minimalism, samurai warriors and artist Jackson Pollock.

Other new names include Adidas by Stella McCartney, the first designer sportswear brand to show at LFW, and quirky designer label Rodnik.

British brand Luella, which is returning to LFW after a seven-year absence, has timed its show to coincide with the launch of its flagship store in London's Mayfair on September 17.

Meanwhile, a memorial service for stylist Isabella Blow, who died in May, will take place on September 18.

Biba, one of last year's big names, returns this season with a new design team, after the departure of creative director Bella Freud. The brand has signed a team of five designers, overseen by artistic director Hector Castro and knitwear designer Louise Goldin.

Biba aims to open its first store in London next year, after Manny Mashouf, founder of US fashion retailer Bebe, took a 60% stake in the brand. Biba chief executive Michael Pearce owns the other 40%.

LFW's catwalk shows are scheduled for September 15-20 at its tent at the Natural History Museum and other London venues. The On/Off shows run from September 17-19 at the Royal Academy.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.