Organisers of London Fashion Week, the British Fashion Council, has highlighted the success of the spring 12 season edition with the news that over 5000 visitors attended.
The BFC also said that the event enjoyed one of the strongest attendances of international press and buyers, including the strongest attendance from American department stores to date.
Other vital statistics from the event include:
- 68 catwalk shows and 37 presentations have taken place over six days
- Menswear day, now in its sixth season, had nine shows and six presentations
- Over 70 events took place on the official LFW events schedule
- BFC Ambassador Samantha Cameron co-hosted an event at 10 Downing Street with Harold Tillman CBE to celebrate LFW, attended by members of the fashion industry including, Anna Wintour, Rt Hon George Osborne, Sir Philip Green, Tom Ford, Christopher Bailey, Christopher Kane, Erdem and Jonathan Saunders
- London Fashion Week’s social media platforms have an audience of over 111,000 fans on Facebook and 74,000 followers on Twitter
- 33 catwalk shows were live streamed by Rightster, the BFC’s official video distribution partner, to over 200 publisher sites worldwide, reaching viewers across 172 countries
- 205 UK and International emerging and established, ready to wear and accessories designers at The Exhibition at London Fashion Week (LFW) the exhibition also hosted 19 Estethica designers, 17 NEWGEN designers and six Multibrand Showrooms
- UK media coverage each season now exceeds £100m and media coverage from the International Guest Programme exceeds £53m