Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We use cookies to personalise your experience; learn more in our Privacy and Cookie Policy. You can opt out of some cookies by adjusting your browser settings; see the cookie policy for details. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies.

LVMH acquires Loro Piana for £1.72bn

LVMH Group has purchased a controlling stake of luxury Italian men and womenswear brand Loro Piana in a deal worth €2bn (£1.72bn).

Under the agreement, LMVH now owns 80% of Loro Piana, the remaining 20% of shares will remain with the company’s family members Sergio and Pier Luigi Piana, who will maintain their roles as heads of the business. 

The acquisition is part of an on-going strategy by LMVH to “buy additional time to manage the smooth transition of the Louis Vuitton brand as it reduces its canvas/logo sales percentage in favour of soft leather goods,” according to analysts at asset management company Berenberg.

The deal represents the latest major fashion acquisition by LVMH since its cumulative stake build in Hermes, now at 22.6%and the €4.3bn (£3.7bn) acquisition of Bulgari in March 2011.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.