Manchester Fashion Week has been postponed until later on this month as the event organisers await a new sponsorship partner.
Event direct Jonathan Sassen denied reports that the event had been cancelled despite an article in Greater Manchester website Mancunian Matters, which said the event had been “fully” cancelled.
It follows claims of unpaid invoices by businesses that worked with MFW last year.
Last month the event organisers announced that this year’s event would no longer be held at the National Football Museum from April 22 to 26. However at the time said that it would still go ahead in an alternative venue.
Sassen said the show is likely to go ahead in the last weekend of May, with a headline sponsor to be named in the next 10 days. “As a small business we don’t get much funding and so we need a big commerical sponsor,” Sassen told Drapers.