Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Marchpole in administration

Marchpole, the brand house and supply group, has gone into administration.

Marchpole, which had its shares suspended last week pending clarification over its financial position, was placed into administration last night.

Martin Ellis and Andrew Hosking of Grant Thornton have been appointed administrative receivers of Marchpole.

Grant Thornton is seeking purchasers of the operating companies in conjunction with key stakeholders.

Marchpole owns or has the license for JC de Castelbajac, Emanuel Ungaro, Boateng and Home Body. It also owns footwear supply company Greenmark.

Marchpole also signed a joint venture agreement to produce menswear for DKNY earlier this year. The DKNY deal is held in a separate company in which Marchpole has a 90% stake. DKNY has the remaining 10%.

Marchpole swung to a pre-tax loss of £6.1 million for the 53 weeks ended April 5, against a £6.3m profit the previous year.

Readers' comments (1)

  • Seems that all Marchpoles eggs were in YSL's basket and without it they simply couldn't survive.

    Unsuitable or offensive? Report this comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.