Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Mobile now makes up 40% of online sales

Around 40% of online sales now come from mobile and tablet devices, according to the latest figures from the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index.

The tracker revealed a spike in m-commerce activity over the three months to the end of January 2015, rising at the sharpest rate since the same period last year when mobile accounted for 32% of online sales.

The figure is higher than in the previous quarter, when Black Friday and Christmas shopping drove mobile and tablet sales up to 37%.

Smartphones were used for 25% of mobile sales, with the other 75% made via tablets. However, Capgemini retail director Adgild Hop said: “With ever-expanding screens, and increasingly ubiquitous connectivity, I don’t think it will be too long before smartphones overtake tablets as the prominent mobile shopping device.”

@LukeToddUK

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.