M&S achieved the highest customer engagement with its 2017 Christmas advertising campaign, followed by Aldi and John Lewis, a new survey has shown.
Marketing agency BrandLove and tech company SoundOut surveyed 600 UK adults, and 32% of respondents awarded M&S the full 10 marks.
Nearly 40% of female respondents aged 35-44 gave M&S’s advert 10 out of 10, and all respondents in this demographic gave it a score of at least six.
Sainsbury’s ranked at the bottom of the list of nine retailers, after survey respondents criticised its length. Only 16% gave the campaign full marks.
M&S also came top when people were asked which campaign “captured the spirit of Christmas”, followed by Tesco and Aldi.
Top Christmas ads:
- M&S – Paddington and the Christmas Visitor
- Aldi – Kevin the Carrot
- John Lewis – Moz the Monster
- Debenhams – You Shall Find Your Fairy Tale Christmas
- Argos – Ready For Take Off
- Asda – Best Christmas Ever
- Tesco – Turkey, Every Which Way
- Waitrose – Christmas Together
- Sainsbury’s – Every Bit of Christmas