Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Paul Smith appoints first creative director

Paul Smith has reportedly promoted head of men’s design Simon Homes to creative director.

In the newly created role, Homes will have responsibility for all ready-to-wear, footwear and accessories collections, according to reports.

The move is intended to “re-energise” the company and Smith has no plans to retire. He still holds a 60% stake in his company, with Japanese licensee Itochu owning the remaining 40%.

Smith said: “I’m not going anywhere. Simon’s appointment is about a new energy within the company, really. That’s the idea. We’re good mates, we get on. It’s an acknowledgement from me to say thank you for his hard work and good energy. Basically, Simon’s appointment allows me to do lots of fun things — as well as my day job.”

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.