Selfridges has unveiled its iconic Christmas window campaign, becoming the first department store in the world to launch its in store and windows for the Christmas season.
The Oxford Street department store launched a select Christmas offering in store back in July, and now has opened it’s full, 5,000 sq ft shop, along with the ‘With love from Selfridge’s campaign’. A second set of windows will be unveiled at the end of November. The campaign celebrates the UK cities with Selfridges stores - London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The In-Store stats
- 500 strong team working on the Oxford Street windows
- 5,000 hand painted Brussels sprouts feature - an ode to London’s markets
- 850 metres of red velvet covers the windows
- Over 85,000 Christmas baubles
- Over 65,000 pieces of confetti released every day from glitter cannons in the atrium
- 12,000 paper decorations hung across the ceilings
- 1 tonne of mirror balls will be hung in the London central atrium
- 5km of handrail garland
- 200 Christmas trees
- 15,000 metres of LED lights