Asos.com is launching a “wedding chapel” for eager customers who want to tie the knot – not.
The company has revealed “a full wedding package where you can get married on the Asos catwalk”.
Other April Fools from fashion retailers and brands today include:
- Plus size womenswear brand Simply Be has supposedly changed its name to “Simply Bae” (bae being a slang term for a girlfriend of boyfriend). But Twitter users were not so easily fooled. @uk_mzee replied: “April fools” and @gwennosaunty said: “Ha! April fool! Funny!”
- River Island is doing its bit to help the environment with its Tote in a Coat for spring/summer 2016. The classic bomber jacket comes with detachable tote bags, taking advantage of the recent 5p plastic bag charge. Wonderful for pints of milk or six packs of beer.
- Meeting a friend at the pub? Then strap on a pair of Shoe Me the Way footwear with built-in sat navigation to take you there. Dreamt up by footwear indie Bells Shoes, all you have to do is sync the shoes with your smartphone using the in-built Bluetooth connection, put in the postcode that you want to reach and your shoes will do the rest.
- Hunter is forming a new band called The Perfect Storms to perform at summer festivals. And if you believe that, Hunter is also announcing the launch of Hunter Music, a label dedicated to unearthing cutting-edge musical talent from around the world.
- Zalando is planning to open a fashion logistics hub in the North Sea, according to pranksters at the company. The new warehouse will be situated on a former oil platform and was chosen because of its vast transportation options and proximity to customers in Northern Europe.
- Footwear retailer, Kurt Geiger has gone cute for April fools with the launch of its new sneaker collection for dogs. Fenwick of Bond Street made the announcement on its Twitter feed, revealing shoppers can “shop it exclusively in store”.