As menswear heritage brand Lyle & Scott announces it is to merge its two men’s young fashion ranges into one, Drapers takes a look at the brand’s extensive history.
- 1874: Lyle & Scott was founded in Hawick in the Scottish Borders with a loan of £800.
- 1954: Lyle & Scott designed an exclusive cashmere collection with Christian Dior.
- 1960: The Eagle logo was born.
- 1975: Lyle & Scott was granted the Royal Warrant by appointment to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.
- 1985: The first ladies golf range was launched.
- 2001: The brand was updated, which marked the beginning of a new era for Lyle & Scott.
- 2003: Lyle & Scott vintage was launched.
- 2004: Its flagship store in Covent Garden opened.
- 2010: The Lyle & Scott online shop was re-launched in the UK, Germany, France & Sweden.