Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Weird Fish targets wholesale growth

Ethical lifestyle brand Weird Fish has unveiled a three-year strategy to build the brand’s profile and expand its wholesale footprint in the UK after sales rose 20% in 2009.

Weird Fish has 400 accounts in the UK and managing director John Stockton plans to bolster that by 100 over the long term by rolling out a shop-in-shop concept to boost brand identity and by launching an online stock replenishment service aimed at supporting independent retailers.

Weird Fish is sold in a variety of independents and multiples across the surfing, outdoor and lifestyle markets and 80% of turnover at the brand comes from wholesale. The remaining 20% of sales come from its company-owned stores and direct sales via its home-shopping arm.

The stock replenishment website for indie accounts is due to launch later this year. Meanwhile, Weird Fish has developed exclusive collections to support its multiple stockist base, including creating an exclusive line for outdoor specialist retailer Cotswold Outdoor for autumn 10.

The new shop-in-shop concept landed in 10 independents last autumn and Weird Fish plans to roll out the concept to a further 12 indies this season.

Earlier this month, Weird Fish opened a 42,000 sq ft warehouse, office and showroom in Cheltenham, doubling the size of its previous head office location in the town.

Stockton said: “We have hit the ground running this year with the move into our new warehouse space and our ambitious plans for the brand over the next three years. It is our aim to increase brand awareness as well as continue the steady growth, which has been a consistent trend for us over the past few years.”

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.