Victoria Beckham, Topshop and Mr Porter all scooped up prizes as the winners of WGSN Global Fashion awards 2012 were unveiled last night (Nov 5) at a ceremony in The Savoy, London.
Hosted by Cat Deeley, the awards honour fashion’s most innovative individuals and businesses.
Renowned fashion photographer Rankin received the top honour of the night, the ‘hall of fame’ award, for his outstanding contribution to fashion, creativity and design.
Victoria Beckham was named womenswear designer of the year. The judges, who included some of the most prominent and influential individuals in the fashion industry commented: “In just five years Victoria Beckham has gone from creating handful of dresses to building a truly modern and covetable luxury brand, defying cynics and winning over the critics in the process. This is her year.”
Other winners included Kim Jones for Louis Vuitton, who was honoured with the menswear designer accolade; Topshop was named best in the world for its womenswear design team, and Mr. Porter picked up the best e-store accolade.
The full list of the WGSN Global Fashion award winners are as follows:
- Hall of Fame: Rankin
- The CATRICE Womenswear Designer: Victoria Beckham
- Menswear Designer: Kim Jones for Louis Vuitton
- Emerging Designer: Emma Yeo
- The LYCRA® Future Designers Award: Shireeka Devlin
- Footwear & Accessories Designer: Charlotte Olympia
- Denim Design Team: Levi’s Commuter Series
- Intimates/Swim Design Team: Seafolly
- Sports/Activewear Design Team: adidas
- Buying Team (multi-brand retailer/e-tailer): Merci
- Footwear & Accessories Design Team: The Cambridge Satchel Company
- Womenswear Design Team: Topshop
- Menswear Design Team: Hackett
- Kidswear Design Team: Macarons
- The GFK Best Multichannel Retailer: Aurora Fashions
- Best New Store/Refit: Alter (Shanghai)
- Best E-Store (pure play): Mr Porter
- Best Store: El Palacio de Hierro (Mexico)