Would you like to work for “the bible of the fashion industry”? Are you a news hound with a proven track record of breaking exclusive stories? Are you dynamic, confident, and ready to approach the UK and Ireland’s biggest fashion retailers and industry figures?
If so joining Drapers’ fast-paced news desk as deputy news editor could be the right role for you.
Now in its 131th year, Drapers is the UK’s market-leading B2B publication for the fashion industry, and carries unparalleled authority in the sector. A digital-first brand, Drapers operates across online, print, events, conferences and awards.
You will have at least three to four years’ daily business reporting experience with evidence of generating exclusive news stories. You will have strong news judgement and the ability to work accurately at speed.
You will feel comfortable delving through company financials and interviewing top-level chief executives.
As well as writing exclusive new stories, you will contribute creative ideas to the wider Drapers brand, write features and comment pieces, record videos, add to Drapers’ social media output and regularly attend industry events.
This role will suit a deputy news editor who is curious, ambitious and energetic – and who will fit in with our sociable, collaborative culture. You will be able to work in a team and take direction, as well as using your initiative.
If that sounds like you, please send us your CV, salary expectations and covering letter
- At least three years’ news reporting and editing experience, preferably for a weekly B2B title or newspaper
- BA/BSc or higher degree and an NCTJ qualification or equivalent journalism training
- Evidence of breaking exclusive off-diary news stories, as well as building and maintaining contacts
Core skills/competencies required
- Highly organised
- Passion for sourcing exclusive, off-diary news stories
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to make contacts and build solid relationships with people in the sector