It has been a big year for Donatella Versace, vice-president of the Versace Group and the brand’s chief designer.
The spring 18 collection she designed as a celebration of the greatest hits of her late brother and Versace brand founder Gianni, to mark the 20th anniversary of his death, hit stores with a bang, spawning spin-offs and copies across the high street.
In September, she sold the business to American luxury group Michael Kors Holdings, now known as Capri Holdings, for £1.6bn. The Versace family owned 80% of the business, split between Donatella, her brother Santo, and her daughter Allegra. The remaining 20% was owned by the private equity firm Blackstone Group.
Its new owner intends to increase Versace’s revenues to $2bn (£1.6bn) and grow its retail footprint by 100 stores.