Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Celtic Sheepskin goes international

Ethical lifestyle business Celtic Sheepskin will launch international versions of its website and expand its catalogue business in the US following the appointment of managing director Monique Louis in April.

Louis, who joined the Cornish-based business from mail-order clothing firm Land’s End, where she was merchandise director for Northern Europe, will oversee the launch of US, Japanese and European websites in August. The US catalogue will launch in September.

Louis’s first priority will be to strengthen the design, buying and merchandising teams, adding six new roles in the next year.

“The business has been under-potentialised, but by strengthening the design and buying teams we can widen the product range,” she said.

About 60% of Celtic Sheepskin’s retail business comes through its transactional website, with the other 40% coming from its mail-order catalogue. The business also has about 15 stockists. Private equity firm Piper bought a minority stake in Celtic Sheepskin last May.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.