Drapers visits the Asos showroom to get a first look at the autumn 14 women’s collection
Five key themes separate the autumn 14 collection from Asos, which once again has managed to turn around several key catwalk trends within the blink of an eye.
- ‘Victorian Street’ is the most dramatic of the five, with an emphasis on lace, velvet and beaded embellishments.
Key Item: A jewel green biker jacket with sequinned and beaded sleeves.
- ‘Dolls Play’ sees pale pinks and blues as the key colours, while exaggerated proportions and novelty prints emphasise the cartoon-style of the theme.
Key Item: A mid-length flared pink skirt with a cartoon sketch print.
- ‘Arts and Crafts’ is another trend, with folkloric influences such as wallpaper and tapestry-inspired prints.
Key Item: A jacquard dress with cut-out detailing.
- ‘Youth Club’ continues this season’s collegiate trend with sporty shapes and bold, primary colours.
Key Item: A knitted, ribbed crop top and pencil skirt combination in red featuring white sporty trims.
- ‘Out of the Blue’ features cleaner silhouettes than elsewhere, with neat tailoring and, as expected, a tonal blue palette.
Key Item: A sleeveless roll-neck and an oversized lilac coat.