Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

How will you split your autumn accessories budget?

Industry insider’s share their thoughts.

Style Council

Pamela Shiffer

I’m undecided as to the percentage of my forward-buying budget. It’ll depend on the quality of the collections we currently stock. However, I always have budget if I need to buy fill-in stock or if a trend emerges I haven’t covered. An example of that this season was all things fur.

Janine O’Keefe

I carry around five shoe collections for autumn. These are mostly pre-ordered. However, accessories are only forward ordered from the larger brands, like Paul Smith and Maison Scotch (pictured), accounting for about 40% of total spend, which leaves me around 60% to buy jewellery and lifestyle pieces on short order.

Jo Davies

As autumn 12 was our strongest season to date at Black White Denim (pictured), we’ll use that data tometiculously plan autumn 13’s buy. Across all categories we’ll keep the budget tight and focus on irresistible pieces that have simplicity, style and longevity. Up to 30% of our budget will be reserved for in-season top-ups.

David Conaghan

This year almost half of our buying budget will be allocated for short order. Especially for our women’s accessories, which is very trend driven, and where you need to react to trends quick in season and give customers fresh product each week. This is in contrast to our men’s accessories, where it is more brand driven and is mostly forward order.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.