Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

How will you split your autumn menswear budget?

Industry insider’s share their thoughts.

style council

Beth Clifton

We always plan an order in advance. However, we keep a good relationship with all the brands we work with, so when opportunities arise at short lead times, we are able to turn sales around quickly. (Cocosa’s website, pictured)

Jeremy Clayton

Some unpredictable trading pre-Christmas made me give more than the usual attention to my menswear budget for autumn 13. I’m leaving at least 30% for in-season, a greater proportion than any previous year. Also, I’ll be much more disciplined in focusing on the core strengths from each brand. That’s the theory! (Javelin’s store, pictured)

Rhowen Yoki

I shall use 60% of my menswear budget forward ordering with brand leaders. The remaining 40% will be spent with emerging brands such as Native Youth (pictured) that are embracing short order, and reordering key pieces from top brands.

Steve Monaghan

I’ll use 70% for advance/forward order and 30% for replenishment/in-season - we like to leave budget to react to trading conditions and it’s always nice to be able to invest in new brands and product we find on our travels, such as Soulland (pictured). The market is so tough that it pays to think ahead more than ever, but it’s important to be able to try out new product and keep our customers excited.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.