Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

How will you split your autumn womenswear budget?

Industry insider’s share their thoughts.

Style Council

Claire Wright

We’ll reserve 35% of our budget for in-season, as in this climate we need to adapt quicker to what works and what customers want. We’ll back brands that thave good sell-through. American Vintage and AG Jeans (pictured) consistently perform and have a good stock programme.

Lewis Tweddell

We’ll spend most of our budget on forward orders to guarantee stock availability. Relying on in-season stock this year will be tough as most big brands are cutting stock levels.

We know what our customer wants and what brands perform now. But we’ll put aside a small budget for top-ups in season. (Lewis Yates, pictured)

Deryane Tadd

I split my buy into forward order, short order, denim and accessories. I buy around 80% of my forward order upfront with a 20% margin for repeats and clearance. Short order makes up about 30% of my budget and is fantastic for brands such as American Vintage (pictured), where you continually top up in season.

Natasha Cobham

We plan to spend 85% to 90% of our seasonal buy upfront, leaving 10% to 15% for short orders and repeats. We’re seeing an increase in brands offering short order and in-season additions, such as J Brand (pictured) and Current/Elliott, so it’s important to factor these into our plans. It’s essential that we can respond to customers’ needs.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.