Marc in Mode is returning from October 19 to 20 at the World Touring Car Championship circuit in Marrakech, where the Moroccan fashion industry will present its power and creativity in all disciplines of fashion production.
There are clear benefits to producing in Morocco, which include:
- Reliable partners for quick deliveries
- The highest production standards
- Balance of ecological and economical production (such as innovative reduced-water denim production)
- While production in Asia becomes more expensive, Morocco offers an excellent price/performance ratio
Speed counts in the fashion industry
A convincing argument for choosing to source in Morocco is the possibility of delivery within one week from the sample decision. And of course, the route by lorry via Tangier – home to one of the world’s biggest ports – accelerates transportation from Morocco to Europe.
These days, ‘fast fashion’ is more relevant than ever. An increasing number of brands are distributing via their own stores and are refreshing their ranges at least monthly The speed at which brands and retailers deliver fresh new product to their customers has never been more critical. Retailers such as the Inditex Group (Zara, Massimo Dutti and Pull & Bear), Mango, Promod, Camaieu, Groupe Beaumanoir, New Yorker, Top Shop, Tally Weijl, brands including Diesel, Liu Jo, Pepe Jeans and high end labels – among them Max Mara, Marina Rinaldi, Armand Thiery and Burberry – are benefiting from the quick turnaround provided by using production facilities in Morocco.
More and more brands in Europe are making use of production in Morocco. For example, German brands increased their Morrocan production by 12.42% from €262m (£220m) in 2014 to €295m (£248m) in 2015.
The advantages of production in Morocco
The upcoming Maroc in Mode and Maroc Sourcing are going to be the biggest sourcing events so far in the Mediterranean area. The advantages for producing and buying are obvious: Morocco offers innovative and attractive conditions; the business partners are reliable; they operate fast and are creative; production is undertaken in socially acceptable and environmentally safe conditions; the price-performance ratio is excellent; the deliveries are customs-free; and transportation is fast, thanks to the close connection to Europe.
The advantages in overview:
- Short lead times because of Morocco’s geographical proximity to the EU
- Vertically integrated manufacturers with reliable customer service including CMT [cut, make and trim] or FOB [free on board] and attractive prices
- A wealth of experience based on long-term business relations with international brands and customers from the EU and the US
- Duty Free import to the EU and other favourable customs regulations with the EU and the US
- Maintenance of high-quality standards, including ISO and Oeko-Tex Standard certifications
- Supporting and upholding corporate social responsibility
- Certified companies for quality assurance and buying agencies
- Well-trained and professional workforce