Some choice selections from the contemporary womenswear brands at last week’s Paris show.
A regular at Who’s Next, Irish designer Orla Kiely has introduced some new pieces for autumn 15 including culottes, which feature a large checked pattern and come in two colourways at £60, and textured jumpers in a towelling fabric for £42. The checked pattern is continued throughout the range on pleated mid-length skirts, trousers, knitwear and accessories.
- Wholesale prices range from £27 for basic jerseys to £170 for a mohair coat.
- 020 7819 0110 Orlakiely.com
This Brazilian brand’s holographic prints lured buyers to its stand. Using the shimmering print on a number of pieces, including a sleeveless dress and long-sleeved top, it appeals to the younger of Osklen’s 30-years-and-over target customers. Among the other pieces is a lightweight silver bomber jacket at €60 (£44.99).
- Wholesale prices range from €40 (£29.99) for a jumper to €200 (£150) for a dress.
- +55 21 3295 8950 Osklen.com
Washable lambskin has been introduced to this French casualwear brand’s collection for the first time, used on the body panel of a white jumper with cotton and viscose sleeves (€69/£51.71), as well as on the top panel of a body-con skirt (€69/£51.71). A grey cardigan (€90/£67.47) has a cotton lining backing a wool exterior.
- Wholesale prices range from €19 (£14.25) for a tank top to €200 (£150) for a lambskin coat.
- +33 1 40 30 50 55 Majesticfilatures.com
After relaunching in the UK last year, Danish label Ichi has now added accessories, including printed polyester scarves from €6.70 to €8.30 (£5.02 to £6.22). A small offer of trainers and sandals is also new, including black ankle-strap sandals (€26/£19.51). Knitwear, in particular long waterfall cardigans in teal and blue, stands out.
- Wholesale prices start at €9 (£6.75) for a jumper to €33.50 (£25.13) for a coat.
- +45 7943 3000 Dkcompany.com
A gold metallic dress (€55/£41.23) was a head-turner on Aaiko’s stand. Launched in 2005, this Amsterdam-based brand ticks off a number of trends including mesh and animal prints. Other styles include a low V-neck leather jacket with mesh sleeves (€58/£43.48) and, in a nod to the sports luxe trend, tailored trousers with racing stripes down each leg (€55/£31.23).
- Wholesale prices range from €23 (£17.25) for T-shirts to €110 (£82.54) for jackets.
- 020 3432 6385 Aaiko.nl
SamsØe & SamsØe
This Copenhagen brand was hard to miss at Who’s Next thanks to its bright colours. A vivid blue wool and polyester coat (€81/£60.76) sat next to an equally striking wool, acrylic and mohair yellow jumper (€31/ £23.25). The brand sits at the lower premium end of the market, aiming to be competitively priced while delivering quality.
- Wholesale prices range from €15 (£11.20) for basics to €1,000 (£750) for a shearling jacket.
- +45 3537 1166 Samsoe.com
Des Petits Hauts
Now 14 years old, this French brand majors on knitwear and is stocked in UK independents including Donna Ida, Feather & Stitch and KJ’s Laundry. Knitwear focuses on oversized styles in shades of blue and green. The jackets range has been increased this season, with square prints used on a number of styles including a 40% wool and 58% acrylic jacket for €90 (£67.47).
- Wholesale prices start at €24 (£17.99) for T-shirts to €171 (£128) for outerwear.
- +33 1 43 57 58 48 Despetitshauts.com