Fashion-forward womenswear indies are holding back more of their buying budgets to invest in trend-led winners. With the Christmas party season fast approaching, it’s not too late to stock up on up-to-the-minute party dresses from four of the hottest short-order brands.
The look Structured dresses and heaps of sequins are Aqua’s hallmarks. Best-sellers in its Christmas short-order collection include a floor-length gold sequin dress with a faux-leather panel across one shoulder and a one-shouldered red dress with a statement waist pelmet. Slash details expose shoulders and legs on cotton dresses, giving the collection a sexy undertone that is perfect for the party season. A structured dress with a full skirt has a youthful appeal.
- Orange body-con mini dress with structured peplum
- Asymmetric, kaftan-style sequin mini dress
- Monochrome mini dress with sheer panel
Wholesale prices £26 to £72
Telephone 020 8616 5733
Delivery Orders must be placed by November 26 and deliveries will be made within seven working days. The minimum order is £1,500.
The look A feminine aesthetic with 1950s silhouettes is punctuated by nipped-in waists and knee-length hemlines. Black and navy dominate, with pink and purple highlights.
Floral prints are used in both literal and abstract interpretations. Fabrics include silk, stretch satin and embellished chiffons.
- Pink strapless stretch-satin dress with black floral print
- Black sleeveless stretch-satin shift dress with lace décolletage
- Navy dress with low back and draped asymmetric neckline
Wholesale prices £23 to £30
Telephone 020 7740 6323
Delivery Orders must be placed by December 17. Deliveries will be made by December 21.
The look Gold, black and purple comprise a traditional Christmas party dress palette. Hemlines are short with the occasional bubble hem. Fabrics include chiffon and satin, with styles pulled in at the waist. Neckline lengths vary from plummeting V-necks to high halternecks, offering silhouettes suitable for most ages. The collection also includes classic party dress shapes as an alternative to more trend-driven styles.
- Metallic gold deep V-neck dress with gathered hemline
- Pink halterneck chiffon mini dress with petal-like detail
- Purple satin cap-sleeved dress with nipped-in waist
Wholesale prices £16.50 to £25.50
Telephone 01245 280878
Delivery Orders must be placed by December 10 for new customers and December 20 for existing customers. Deliveries can be within three days.
The look The asymmetric shoulder is the dominant silhouette on fitted mini dresses and draped dresses. This 1970s-inspired look was seen on spring 11 catwalks from Marc Jacobs and Topshop Unique. The palette is anchored by black with metallic thread detailing adding sparkle or jewelled beading injecting glamour. Pleated chiffon adds texture to dresses.
- Black one-shoulder chiffon dress with embellished shoulder
- Granite, black and cream one-shoulder dress with pleated chiffon overlay
- Spaghetti-strap panel dress
Wholesale prices £22 to £38
Telephone 0161 236 1123
Delivery Orders must be placed by December 13 for existing customers and November 29 for new customers. Delivery takes up to seven days.