Stefan Hull looks at the month of June 2012 and highlights the key changes that impacted the online fashion world.
- Google releases another ‘Panda update’ which focuses on the quality and relevance of content on websites when deciding which sites should rank highest in natural search
- M&S announces that its charity ‘Shwopping’ initiative, which includes an interactive Facebook app has received half a million used and unwanted clothes since it launched in May
- Drapers celebrates 125 years in fashion with a party for 550 guests at London’s Langham Hotel
- Chloe Jones from Bath Spa wins both the Womenswear Award and George Gold Award for best overall collection at Graduate Fashion Week, netting her £20,000 prize money plus industry support and mentoring
- Premium retailer My-Wardrobe.com rolls out French, German and Dutch sites
Stefan Hull is insight director at search engine optimisation specialist Propellernet