Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Jaeger's Stuart Binnie leaves the business after less than a year

Jaeger executive chairman Stewart Binnie has left the premium fashion retailer, after just nine months at the helm.

The former Aurora Fashions president was drafted in to Jaeger in June last year to lead a turnaround of the business, after it was bought by Jon Moulton’s private equity vehicle Better Capital. Drapers sister title Retail Week has reported that Binnie has now left the retailer after less than a year.

Better Capital acquired 90% of the retailer in a £19.5m deal in April last year. Former majority shareholder, fashion veteran Harold Tillman had kept the remaining 10% stake and stayed on as chairman but eventually left the business in October.

Binnie told Retail Week last October that he was focusing on growing Jaeger’s international business, which included returning to Japan with standalone stores by winter this year. He said that he hoped by that time to have international product, some key relationships in place and a handful of stores ready to open.

Jaeger declined to comment and Better Capital was unavailable for comment.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.