Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Jaeger to put third-party British brands into refreshed flagship

Premium retailer Jaeger is to start selling British brands that complement its own brands as part of a refresh of its London flagship.

From next year Jaeger’s Regent Street branch will house a selection of UK womenswear and accessories labels on its second floor. The retailer is understood to be in negotiations with a handful of brands and contracts are yet to be finalised.

However, a spokeswoman for Jaeger said the brands would be selected to complement Jaeger’s collection and decisions would not be based on price point.

The changes to the flagship’s second floor will form part of a wider revamp of the store, which will also see Jaeger introduce iPads for customers to browse its transactional website in store.

“We already use iPads in our model stores in Bluewater, Guildford, Harrogate and Cheapside,” said the spokeswoman. “But it is not something we have ever had in our flagship before.”
The Regent Street store is expected to undergo changes to its visual merchandising, and fixtures and fittings, rather than a major overhaul.

Jaeger could not confirm a timescale for the refresh but it is unlikely to happen before next spring. The spokeswoman indicated brands could be introduced piece-meal rather than as part of a single launch.

Jaeger’s transactional website is also expected to undergo a transformation starting with its back-end functions, which will take place sometime in November. Customers will benefit from improved navigation and functionality, but the look and feel of the website will not appear any different until the second phase of the project, which is not expected to take place until next year.

Jaeger confirmed it was still looking to appoint a new head of design but would not be drawn on potential candidates. In August, new owner Better Capital ploughed £20.5m into the business. Better Capital acquired a 90% stake in Jaeger for £19.5m in April, leaving Harold Tillman with the remaining 10%.

Tillman was previously the majority shareholder with a 70% stake.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.