Category list : The Top 100
Stories with this category.
Last year: 20
Last year: 35
Today Drapers has released its annual Top 100, a list of the key influencers across fashion retail, based on their personal impact and performance over the last 12 months and potential for 2016.
1. Persistent discount culture and Black FridaySubscription
’Discount culture’ have been the two key words that summed up the 2015 shopping experience.
2. Contactless payment and in-store techSubscription
2015 was undisputedly the year of contactless.
3. Falling Chinese market and currency fluctuations Subscription
China has largely been the fashion retailer’s safe bet for guaranteed sales over the past decade - that was until this summer.
4. The affordable delivery race Subscription
Logistics were in the spotlight, as Amazon blazed a trail by introducing a one-hour delivery service to shoppers in zone 1 of central London.
5. The weatherSubscription
Ever unpredictable, the weather again refused to work in retailers’ favour this year.
1. Paul Marchant, chief executive, PrimarkSubscription
Position last year: 3
2. Lord Simon Wolfson, chairman, NextSubscription
Position last year: 2