MFNS Steven Bullock takes a walk around Manchester city to find out what’s happening in retail this week…..
The former Clinton Cards unit is split into three…..Gio Goi will be opening next to Superdrug, Jones the Bootmaker have taken the middle unit, leaving the third unit next to Hotel Chocolat empty.
Monsoon in the Arndale, Manchester have been given a refurbishment to match their new store branding.
The hoardings around the future Hollister store at Manchester Arndale are now covered in Hollister marketing; they are apparently due to open in September.
Habitats last weeks of trading, finish with a big closing down sale.
Aubin & Wills are now open on King Street.
Kurt Geiger are now open at The Avenue.
Ted Baker Pashion is due to open in July at The Avenue.
Unconditional are opening a flagship store in the former Adidas Originals unit at The Triangle.
In other news:
- Perfect Presents has closed at Piccadilly Statio
- It looks like the former Swagger Menswear unit on London Road is being fitted out for a new tenant.
- Home Living has now closed down on Market Street
- The General Store has closed down at Barton Arcade.
- Hoardings are now up around the former Oasis unit on King Street, The Kooples will be opening here.
- Swarovski has closed at St Ann’s Square to be refurbished into their ‘Crystal Forest’ concept.
- Lucile has closed down on Police Street and relocated to Ducie Street.
- Workmen are now back in the future DKNY Mens unit at The Avenue, slowly fitting out the store.gle.
Unill next month…..