Your browser is no longer supported. For the best experience of this website, please upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Yoox and PPR form joint ecommerce venture

Italian etailer Yoox has formed a joint-venture agreement with French luxury group PPR to help accelerate the development of its luxury brands online.

The venture will see Yoox handle the online sales of some of PPR’s brands including including Bottega Veneta, Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga and Sergio Rossi.

The Sergio Rossi and Bottega Veneta online stores will be launched first, by the end of 2012 with all the remaining online stores launched globally, including in China, by the end of 2013.

PPR holds a majority 51% stake in the newly created company with Yoox owning the remaining 49%.

The venture will mean that PPR can benefit from Yoox’s global logistics and ecommerce expertise, making its brands accessible in more than 100 countries worldwide.

“E-business is a strategic priority for the Group,” said François-Henri Pinault, chairman and chief executive of PPR.

“PPR’s mission is to be the engine behind all our brands so that they each fully realise the potential for organic growth that they all enjoy.

“This joint-venture will allow PPR to generate synergies and shared resources available to our brands through best-in-class e-commerce expertise.”

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.